Hospital Based Orthopaedic Trauma
Physician Assistant Program
Premise: An Orthopaedic Trauma Program is centered on the patients being cared for by an Orthopaedic Traumatologist. To ensure 24 hour, 365-day coverage, and care focusing on the highest level of service and promoting longevity requires a team of highly trained Physician Assistants (PAs). PAs in the field of Orthopaedic Trauma have the capabilities of extending the range of services that may be provided by a Traumatologist that equates to decreasing patient length of stay and increasing patient satisfaction and outcome.
GTS Mid-Level Program Features:
1. Site evaluation for determination of current and projected needs.
2. Development of Orthopaedic Trauma Team members’ roles/responsibilities.
3. Initiation of PA team blueprint to meet the goals and objectives established.
4. Administrative setup for Orthopaedic Trauma PA scope of practice to comply for hospital credentialing and State laws.
5. Initial coordination with Hospital Human Resources Department to draft job description.
6. Provide recommendations for salary ranges and benefits package to promote stability.
7. Assist Hospital with recruiting of PA’s.
8. Total prescriptive training of PA’s in Orthopaedic trauma core skills- minimal on the job training required.
9. Focused management training for Lead PA to include administrative duties involved for this position.
1. Development of Orthopaedic Trauma Program tailored to meet your individual needs.
2. Utilization of established team of Orthopaedic Trauma providers experienced with setup and efficient daily operations.
3. Overall decrease in implementation time related to profitability of Orthopaedic Trauma Program.
4. Rapid train up for PA’s in Orthopaedic trauma core skill and knowledge.
5. Availability for reviews to include prescriptive training based out of the Houston Foundation Performance Center.
Global Trauma Solutions (GTS) has assembled a team of Orthopaedic Trauma Providers from an Orthopaedic Traumatologist down that has more than 25 years of combined experience with the development and daily management of efficiently running an Orthopaedic Trauma Program. Our experience combines the total patient care to include initial evaluation and management protocols through surgery and hospital discharge focusing on the highest level of patient care and minimizing hospital length of stay. Through this experience GTS is able to streamline the start up process for an Orthopaedic Trauma Program tailor made for your Hospital with current and projected needs in mind.